Five Reasons to Get Involved in Drug Education
Five recent letters from teachers, school resource officers and community leaders who use the Truth About Drugs materials illustrate the impact—and urgency—of drug education.
Letters from parents, teachers, police, mentors and community leaders flood in to the Foundation for a Drug-Free World from across the globe, attesting to the importance and impact of The Truth About Drugs education initiative.
Five recent letters illustrate the value of the Foundation’s educational materials, which are available free of charge to anyone wishing to use them.
- “I have been teaching drug and alcohol education in public school for seven years. I have seen many children become addicted to marijuana very rapidly, and the end result is chronic truancy, which is rendering many kids unable to complete high school. You have provided me with an awesome curriculum on drug education and I have personally distributed hundreds of Drug-Free World education booklets to local students and parents. The Drug-Free World videos are riveting and impactful to my students. They are a great teaching aid. Drug-Free World is an incredible resource for law enforcement and educators alike. They are very committed to fighting the war on drugs from the perspective of promoting healthy communities free from addiction, crime and violence. I am very grateful for their support and strongly endorse their organization.” — School resource officer, Colorado
- “I have to thank you for this help in the dissemination of information on this issue plaguing our society as a whole like an epidemic.” — Teacher, São Paulo, Brazil
- “We are so grateful to the Foundation for a Drug-Free World for the valuable material sent to us. This material was of great help in our prevention work. We have shared materials with at least 1,120 young people and we have presented the videos to some 2,000 young people more. This material has served to increase awareness of this terrible problem. God bless you greatly.” — Volunteer, Honduras
- “Several years ago I began using the Drug-Free World materials and continue to do so each year. The kids love it. I have a class set of boxed booklets we use and kids always ask if they can have a set of their own. My kids love and need this information. They are stone silent during the videos so they don’t miss anything. I have always said that if I can get just one child to stop and think before they make a decision to use drugs, then I have done my job.” — Teacher, Texas
- “Thanks to you and the Foundation for a Drug-Free World, our students are becoming more and more aware of the harmful effect of drugs. Furthermore, the kids we are dealing with come from families with difficulties and having the opportunity to enlighten them on the true facts of drugs and put them on the right path is precious. They are now participating more in the classes and understand why drugs are bad for them. I fully recommend the educational materials provided by the Foundation for a Drug-Free World. The better tools they have to make informed, thoughtful decisions, the better.” — Police Athletic League executive, Florida
The Foundation for a Drug-Free World is a nonprofit public benefit corporation that empowers youth and adults with factual information about drugs so they can make informed decisions to live drug-free.
Drug-Free World partners with civic and nongovernmental organizations. Through a network of volunteers and partnerships, it has distributed 8 million copies of The Truth About Drugs booklets over the past year—more than 80 million copies since the booklets were first published in 2006.
The Scientology religion was founded by author and philosopher L. Ron Hubbard. The first Church of Scientology was formed in Los Angeles in 1954 and the religion has expanded to more than 11,000 Churches, Missions and affiliated groups, with millions of members in 167 countries.
Church of Scientology Media Relations
(323) 960-3500 phone
(323) 960-3508 fax