1. ABSOLUTE CONDITIONS FOR USE OF THIS SITE
The “Scientology Newsroom” is the Official Media Resource Center for the Church of Scientology International (“CSI”). If you use this site, you are agreeing to the conditions stated here. If you disagree with any of these conditions, do not use the site. It is our right to change these conditions at any time, so when you use the site, you should verify whether we have changed any of the conditions. Any changes to these conditions that we post on the site are applicable to all uses after they are posted, so if you use the site after we post changes, it means that you accept and are bound by those changes.
2. LICENSES FOR AND RESTRICTIONS ON USE
- Church of Scientology International (CSI) owns this site and operates it. All material of any nature that you find on this site (regardless of whether it is textual, visual, a display, part of a database, media, an icon or is only general information) is owned or licensed by CSI.
- You are granted permission under a nonexclusive, royalty-free license to view material from this site, and to download and print it solely for your own noncommercial, personal use unless stated otherwise on the site in connection with specific content.
- With respect to media personnel, CSI grants permission to reproduce all materials for use in traditional public news media unless the site states otherwise in connection with those materials.
- Any use of the material of this site must be credited to “Church of Scientology International.”
- No rights are granted by CSI other than the limited license granted to authorized users under these terms.
- You may not use this site or information found on this site (including the names and addresses of those who submitted information) for any commercial purpose. You may not distribute, transmit, transfer, sell, rent, loan, give, sublicense or reproduce the material, or permit another to do so, except as specifically permitted by this license.
- Regardless of any permission or license given to you here, we retain sole discretion, without further obligation or liability, to limit, deny or revoke this license and any permission to use this site or reproduce any material on the site, with or without cause.
- Photos and videos found on this site shall not be used in any unlawful manner and may specifically not be used with any obscene, provocative, defamatory or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content that reflects negatively upon CSI or any entity associated with CSI, as CSI may determine in its sole discretion, or in any parody or satire of CSI or any entity associated with CSI. Photos shall not be used to endorse or otherwise suggest a false relationship between CSI and any third party.
- Users do not acquire any rights in the material offered on this site for use by authorized users apart from their final work product authorized by these terms.
- You are responsible to determine what fair use means for persons wishing to use materials from this site, not us. CSI is not required to give citations not presented on the site to the source of materials, nor does it guarantee that any materials on the site are cleared for alternate uses. Obtaining such clearances is the responsibility of the user. CSI does, however, maintain the right to prevent infringing uses of its materials and to interpret fair use according to its understanding of the law.
Any material on this website or on any linked site is provided as is and with no express or implied warranties of any kind. CSI disclaims all warranties, both express and implied, to the greatest extent allowable under applicable law, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and warranties of title. CSI does not warrant that access to this site or any functions on the site will be free of errors or uninterrupted, or that CSI will correct any defects, and it does not guarantee that this site or its server will be free of harmful elements such as malware, viruses, trojan horses, worms and the like.
4. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION
CSI will not be liable for any special, consequential, incidental, statutory, punitive or other special damages or any other injury or loss that may result from your use of any materials on this site or any linked site, or from CSI’s conduct in procuring, compiling, collecting, delivering or offering such materials, including, without limitation, loss of programs or other data on your system, lost profits or business interruption, nor will it be liable for your inability to use any materials on this site. CSI’s maximum liability to you for all damages, losses and causes of action shall never exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for accessing this site or any linked site. This means that, if you do not pay for use of this site, CSI will have no liability to you for any such damages.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless CSI and its directors, officers, trustees, staff, volunteers, contractors, licensors and licensees against all claims, liability, damages, judgments, settlements and expenses, including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees arising out of or related to (1) your breach of any term, condition or restriction stated here; and (2) any act or failure to act by you, your employees, contractors or agents.
5. APPLICABLE LAW GOVERNING DISPUTES
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, United States of America, as applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within the state, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. If you ever bring any action to enforce this agreement or any issue related to this website, you must file such an action in either the state or federal courts located in Los Angeles County, California, and by using this site, you are hereby consenting and submitting to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of those courts for the litigation of any such action. Should any part of this agreement be found to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, in whole or in part, all remaining provisions shall remain valid and in full force, unless we decide, in our sole discretion, that the invalid or unenforceable provision is essential to the agreement as a whole, in which case we may amend the agreement.
The following trademarks and service marks are owned by Religious Technology Center, Los Angeles, California, United States of America. These marks are licensed for use by Church of Scientology International and its affiliated organizations and are registered in many nations around the world.
ARC Straightwire, Audited NOTs, Cause Resurgence Rundown, Celebrity, Celebrity Centre, Centre, Church of Scientology International Corporate Symbol, Celebrity Centre International Logo, Class IV Auditor Badge, Class V Auditor Badge, Class V Graduate Auditor Badge, Class VIII Auditor Badge, Clearing Course, Clearsound, Clearsound Logo, Dianetics, Dianetics Symbol, Dianetics Symbol in a Circle, Division 6 Symbol, E-Meter, False Purpose Rundown, Flag, Flag Service Org Corporate Symbol, Flag OT Executive Rundown, Freedom, Freewinds, Flag Ship Service Org Symbol, Freewinds Logo, Golden Age of Knowledge Logo, Golden Era Productions, Golden Era Productions Symbol, Happiness Rundown, Hubbard, Hubbard Life Orientation, Hat in Life Symbol, INCOMM, Key to Life, Key to Life Symbol, L10, L11, L12, L. Ron Hubbard, L. Ron Hubbard Signature, LRH, LRH Device, LRH Microphone, Method 1, NED, New Era, New Era Dianetics, New Life Rundown, New OT VII Completion Pin, New Vitality Rundown, New World Corps Symbol, NOTs, OCA, OEC, OT, OT Symbol, OT Symbol in Wreath/New OT VIII Symbol, Religious Technology Center Corporate Symbol, Ron Signature, Ron’s Org, Saint Hill Special Briefing Course Symbol, Solo Auditor, Oxford Capacity Analysis, Power, Power Plus, Purification, Purification Rundown, Scientology, Scientology Symbol, Scientology Cross (Pointed), Scientology Cross (Rounded) Minister’s Cross, Scientology Missions International Logo, Scientology Volunteer Minister Symbol, Scientometric, Sea Org Symbol, SHSBC, Solo NOTs, Solo Auditor Symbol, Source, Student Hat, Sunshine Rundown, Standard Admin Badge, Standard Tech, Standard Tech Symbol, Super Power Symbol, The Bridge.
SCIENTOLOGIST is a collective membership mark owned by Religious Technology Center indicating membership in a church and church membership services of the affiliated Scientology churches and missions.
The Way to Happiness and the “Road & Sun” Design are trademarks and service marks owned by L. Ron Hubbard Library in the USA and in other countries (trademark registrations issued and other registrations pending) and are used with permission.
Applied Scholastics, Applied Scholastics Logo, Narconon, ABLE, ABLE Logo, Criminon and Narconon Logo are trademarks and service marks owned by the Association for Better Living and Education International and are used with permission.
Citizens Commission on Human Rights, CCHR and the CCHR Logo are trademarks and service marks owned by Citizens Commission on Human Rights and are used with permission.
The Foundation for a Drug-Free World Logo is owned by the Foundation for a Drug-Free World and is used with permission.
The United for Human Rights Logo is owned by United for Human Rights and is used with permission.
The Youth for Human Rights International Logo is owned by Youth for Human Rights International and is used with permission.
QUESTIONS AND COPYRIGHT REQUESTS
For further assistance or information regarding Church copyrighted materials, you may contact the Church’s Copyrights and Trademarks Officer at:
To request use of Church copyrighted material, write to:
Church of Scientology International
c/o Media Relations Office
6331 Hollywood Boulevard
Los Angeles, California 90028
© 1996–2023 CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY INTERNATIONAL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
PHOTOGRAPHS OF L. RON HUBBARD
© 1953, 1958, 1979, 1991, 1996 L. RON HUBBARD LIBRARY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.