Doors of the Scientology Church in Padova Wide Open in Friendship
Italy’s Church of Scientology of Padova joins Community-Wide International Friendship Day celebration, crowning peace march with luncheon acknowledging the common goals of the diverse Padova community.
The day began with a peace march organized by the United for Peace NGO. Some 300 people participated, including current and former city officials and representatives of diverse faiths.
Upon completion of the march the Church of Scientology of Padova held an open house event to acknowledge march organizers for bringing the community together in the name of peace. Guests toured the Church’s Public Information Center where they learned about Scientology-sponsored humanitarian programs that promote peace and bridge cultural differences. These programs tackle social problems that affect the entire region: drug abuse, human rights violations, illiteracy, immorality and crime.
Guests also watched videos on basic Scientology principles that help improve communication and understanding, available for anyone of any faith to learn and apply.
Next, they enjoyed refreshments and entertainment in the Church’s Chapel, where peace march organizers were presented with certificates of appreciation by the Church’s Director of Special Affairs.
The Church of Scientology of Padova, an Ideal Scientology Organization, opened in October 2012 in the meticulously restored historic Villa Francesconi-Lanza in Padova’s northern district of Arcella. Its facilities are configured to serve Scientologists in their ascent to spiritual freedom and serve as a home for the entire community—a meeting ground of cooperative effort to uplift citizens of all denominations.
The Scientology religion was founded by author and philosopher L. Ron Hubbard. The first Church of Scientology was formed in Los Angeles in 1954 and the religion has expanded to more than 11,000 Churches, Missions and affiliated groups, with millions of members in 167 countries.
Church of Scientology Media Relations
(323) 960-3500 phone
(323) 960-3508 fax