Church of Scientology of Milan Releases New Human Rights Publication
The Church of Scientology Milan hosted an open house and conference May 3, 2013, to release a new brochure, Scientology: How We Help—United for Human Rights, Making Human Rights a Global Reality.
Officials, NGO representatives and community and religious leaders gathered in the Church Chapel where host Antonella Russo, from the public affairs office of the Church, spoke of the work of two Church-supported human rights initiatives—Youth for Human Rights and the Association for Human Rights and Tolerance of Italy.
Russo described many of the humanitarian activities these groups carry out:
- The construction of new schools to ensure youth in remote western African villages can enjoy the right to education
- A project to bring human rights education to the Tibetan Children’s Village in Dharamsala, India, a haven for children, many of them orphans, who have escaped across the Himalayas from Tibet
- Annual holiday concerts that raise funds for human rights projects including the construction of primary schools in Ghana and Togo
- Human rights hero awards presentations to outstanding human rights advocates
- Soccer tournaments and other sports events that promote human rights education
- Human rights education presentations in local schools
- Airing of human rights public service announcements and distribution of thousands of copies of human rights education booklets to raise awareness of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Russo then presented attendees with a new publication, Scientology: How We Help—United for Human Rights, Making Human Rights a Global Reality. The brochure encompasses the international scope of Church-supported human rights initiatives carried out by Scientologists on six continents.
Scientologists engage in collaborative efforts with government agencies and nongovernmental organizations to bring about broad-scale awareness and implementation of the 1948 United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the world’s premier human rights document.
The Church of Scientology published Scientology: How We Help—United for Human Rights, Making Human Rights a Global Reality, to meet requests for more information about the human rights education and awareness initiative the Church supports. To learn more, visit Scientology.org/HumanRights.